Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Day of School

Today was the first day of classes.  I went to bed at 9:30 last night, which is very early for me.  I knew I wanted to be up early so I could complete day 7 of my 21 day habit forming activity!  I am one week in!  Two more to go!

I had to force myself out of bed.  I figured I'd have no problems getting up since I went to bed so early but apparently I got too much sleep!  I made my way to the gym at a very slow pace.  I decided on only thirty minutes on the elliptical because I wanted to be sure to have plenty of time to shower, dress, and eat.  Plus I was just exhausted and didn't feel like going longer ;-)

As it turns out chapel was not happening today so I was up and going much earlier than needed.  I ended up just going to my first class an hour early and reading my bible.  It was a nice quiet time.

First on the class agenda for the day was Gospel Narratives.  My professor is very funny and I think the class will be a good one.  It will be the intellectual side of the gospels so its different.

Immediately following was World Missions and Evangelism.  This professor is great as well!  There will be a great chance to grow in this class with an evangelism practicum.  Although this course is required for everyone it is going to give me the first glimpses into my major.  Very exciting to be learning about world missions!

A lunch break is set before my next course.  I headed home very hungry.  I changed out my books and got some food.  Then off to Basic Christian Beliefs (BCB).  Now this is probably the class I have been most excited about.  The teacher is also a pastor at a local church and I have heard part of his story during a chapel last semester.  His daughter was a missionary in the Middle East and was killed one year ago this August.  When he went over the syllabus, honestly I was expecting the same thing I had in my other courses.  "This is a college class.  We are here to learn.  It will be intellectual."  I was so very wrong.  The professor wants us to grow in our Walk with Christ, not just read about basic beliefs.  Yes there will be studying involved but we need to remember Him in everything we do.  Also we are asked to exercise at least seven times every two weeks for thirty minutes!  I got this!  We are to be good stewards of our body and as 1 Timothy 4:8 says, "For physical training is of some value..."  I'll post more on this later!

Wow.  I was completely blown away!  I then got to thinking about where I am in life.  My last college was a great school but I must say I love where I am so much more.  All of my courses this semester center around the bible and I couldn't be more happy!  The school is so understanding of who I am and that I am not only concerned about school.  I do have a little one to take care of and they truly get that!  This is going to be a fantastic year!

I have one more professor to meet tomorrow but so far they are all amazing!  Now it is time to write a short half page response paper to the first chapter of the wonderful book Radical.  I have already read this book but it was nice picking it up again.  Then I will be getting everything I can done for the week and maybe getting ahead before Little Man comes home Sunday.  Can't wait to see him!

love
anc

No comments:

Post a Comment