Thursday, August 18, 2011

A catch up

This summer has been an interesting one.  I cannot really say it has been fast or slow.  School starts in less than a week for me and I am ready but I could also wait.

I will be continuing to work my business during the school year to provide for my son and myself.  I will have four classes, chapel to attend, and service hours this semester.  It should be a good one.

Little man is growing up so quickly.  He is done with diapers! YAY!!! WOOHOO!!! (well at night we still use them...just in case!)  He speaks so clearly and many think he is much older than two.  They seem to not believe me when I tell them.  He does appear much older and technically he is two years and nine months old but many think he is at least four.  His father and I are getting along wonderfully.  That made this summer go very smooth.

A picture of us


My business is amazing!  I love everything about it!  Five years ago if you would have told me I would be running my own business I'd have thought you were crazy.  The flexibility and unlimited income is phenomenal!

My inspiration poster for this seminar year!

I am going to be working on a dream book for my family in the next few weeks.  I will be sure to post it here!

Over the summer LM and I traveled back to my hometown to have family camping.  My mom's side extending out to cousins gets together and goes camping.  We took up eight camp sites and LM had a blast riding his tricycle all over.  I ended up with chiggers or something on my foot/leg that itched like crazy.  We went to the beach lake with some sand.  Family played cornhole and overall everyone seemed to have a great time.
Family at camping

Although I love my family dearly, I was happy to be home down south with LM.  Sadly we had left a house a little mess when we left and the cleaning fairies did not get around to our house ;-)

Currently I am working on my health and fitness.  I am in the process of eating healthy foods and exercising more!  So far I am loving it!  I am not one that likes to cook so I'm trying to find healthy alternatives from the not so healthy, heavily processed, quick meals I was eating.  LM is with his dad for the next week so I'll be able to get a jump start on it.

OH!  Also while I was up north in the hometown, I got to see my freshman roommate roomie!  We had some ups and downs but I love that girl!  She is so amazing!  She LOVES to cook and experiment with new recipes.  I'm hoping to learn something form her.  I call her dar - short for darling, which I always called her.  Here is her blog.

We had to have our picture together since it had been ages!  


While there her boyfriend and LM hit it off!  LM loves spending time with others since he is with mommy so much.
They played cars,

 looked out the balcony at all the construction and cars, 

and then LM really liked him when the tablet was brought out and Angry Birds was turned on!  (sadly no picture was taken of this event)  You see, LM enjoys playing this game on my phone and when he had it on the big screen he loved it!  He talks about it still!

Back to talking about school.  At my current school I am considered a freshman.  I was a transfer but many of my credits did not transfer in because of all my science courses.  I have been in college since fall 2006.  There was a semester break in there but I'm definitely putting in my time.

I am unsure of what the Lord wants for me at the moment but I am very happy where I am.  Even if school is getting a little old.  I am where He wants and that is all that truly matters.  I am still single.  At times it is difficult but I know God knows what's best better than I do.  It is just a time to lean on Him for everything and work hard.

love
anc

No comments:

Post a Comment