Thursday, September 29, 2011

Ham and Potatoes

Crockpot style ham and scalloped potatoes
This a great recipe!  My crockpot couldn't even hold all the ingredients so at the end I had to cut some of the onions and potatoes.  It was very good but I would change something if I knew what it was that was a bit off.  Maybe I had a bit too much onion?  Not sure.  I'll have to experiment with this one.

I did not calculate this on my own but according to the recipe it is 310 calories per serving and 8 servings.  I figured the serving size was one cup.  Next time I make it I'll figure this out.

Ingredients Needed:
  • 1.5 lb 98% fat free ham [I used Jenni-o turkey ham] cut into pieces
  • 9 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
  • 1 large onion sliced thinly
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 cup shredded fat free cheddar cheese
  • 1 can low fat cream of celery soup
Layer into crockpot:
  • 1/2 the potatoes
  • 1/2 the onion
  • 1/2 the salt and pepper
  • 1/2 the cheese
  • 1/2 the ham
  • rest of the potatoes
  • rest of the onion
  • rest of the salt and pepper
  • rest of the cheese
  • all of the soup
  • rest of the ham
Cook time:
Low 8-10 hours
OR
High 4 hours


The finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment