This recipe was good. I was not able to make many enchiladas to freeze because the corn tortillas I had would not fold without breaking so I improvised and a dish for the oven. The tortillas became like chips so it was very nice!
I froze the extra and plan to do a chicken enchilada bake type dish with it.
This makes six 1 cup servings at 292 calories. This amount is just for the messy mix.
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz cream cheese [I used fat free]
- 2 cans of enchilada sauce, red or green OR salsa [I used both!]
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can corn
- tortilla shells
- shredded cheese
- sour cream, black olives, lettuce, etc to taste
I did not use any sour cream etc. I drained both the beans and the corn and rinsed them.
- Place chicken breasts in crockpot
- smother with one can enchilada sauce
- add cream cheese
- add black beans
- add corn
- Cook on low 8 hours
- Stir to shred chicken [I took out the chicken to cut it]
Now this is where my experience did not follow the directions.
- spread chicken mixture on tortilla
- roll up and place seam side down in pan
- pour second can of enchilada sauce
- cover with cheese
- bake at 325-350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes
- serve with whatever toppings you wish
I just placed tortillas in the pan, covered with mixture, put more tortillas on top with some cheese, and cooked. I never used the second can of sauce.
The yummy sloppy mess of chicken enchilada crockpot style!
Chicken Enchilada Bake