Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas

Crockpot style chicken enchiladas

This recipe was good.  I was not able to make many enchiladas to freeze because the corn tortillas I had would not fold without breaking so I improvised and a dish for the oven.  The tortillas became like chips so it was very nice!

I froze the extra and plan to do a chicken enchilada bake type dish with it.

This makes six 1 cup servings at 292 calories.  This amount is just for the messy mix.

Ingredients:

  • 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 8 oz cream cheese [I used fat free]
  • 2 cans of enchilada sauce, red or green OR salsa [I used both!]
  • 1 can black beans 
  • 1 can corn
  • tortilla shells
  • shredded cheese
  • sour cream, black olives, lettuce, etc to taste
I did not use any sour cream etc.  I drained both the beans and the corn and rinsed them.

Directions:
  • Place chicken breasts in crockpot
  • smother with one can enchilada sauce
  • add cream cheese
  • add black beans
  • add corn
  • Cook on low 8 hours
  • Stir to shred chicken [I took out the chicken to cut it]
Now this is where my experience did not follow the directions.  
  • spread chicken mixture on tortilla
  • roll up and place seam side down in pan
  • pour second can of enchilada sauce 
  • cover with cheese
  • bake at 325-350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes
  • serve with whatever toppings you wish
I just placed tortillas in the pan, covered with mixture, put more tortillas on top with some cheese, and cooked.  I never used the second can of sauce.  


The yummy sloppy mess of chicken enchilada crockpot style!


Chicken Enchilada Bake


No comments:

Post a Comment