Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Chili with a Pizza Twist

UPDATE:  I've also made this without the pepperoni so there would be less sodium and it is still amazing!

This is probably my favorite crockpot recipe so far!  It is so good and I am happy to have leftovers still in the freezer!

Makes six 1 cup servings at 264 calories.  I personally like mine better without the parmesan.

Ingredients Needed:
  • 1 pound lean ground turkey
  • 1 (15oz) can kidney beans - and the goop!
  • 1 (14oz) jar premade pizza sauce [you could totally make your own but I'm not that adventurous yet ;-)]
  • 1 (14.5oz) can Italian stewed tomatoes
  • 1 green bell pepper, seeded, and diced
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 25 turkey pepperoni slices [cut smaller]
  • shredded mozzarella and/or parmesan cheese for serving - optional
The Directions:
  • brown meat, drain off grease
  • put meat into slow cooker
  • add entire can of beans
  • add pizza sauce
  • add tomatoes (cut smaller if desired)
  • add diced bell pepper
  • stir in Italian seasoning and pepperoni
    • I did not stir the first time I cooked this and it was still amazing!  Second time I made this I did stir and it was still amazing!  Hehe
Cooking Time:
Low for six to eight hours
OR
High for four hours

Now this picture isn't the best, I forgot to take one when it was in the nice crockpot so this is one in a baggy before being sealed and put into the freezer.

Pizza Chili!

No comments:

Post a Comment