This is probably my favorite crockpot recipe so far! It is so good and I am happy to have leftovers still in the freezer!
Makes six 1 cup servings at 264 calories. I personally like mine better without the parmesan.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 (15oz) can kidney beans - and the goop!
- 1 (14oz) jar premade pizza sauce [you could totally make your own but I'm not that adventurous yet ;-)]
- 1 (14.5oz) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, and diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 25 turkey pepperoni slices [cut smaller]
- shredded mozzarella and/or parmesan cheese for serving - optional
- brown meat, drain off grease
- put meat into slow cooker
- add entire can of beans
- add pizza sauce
- add tomatoes (cut smaller if desired)
- add diced bell pepper
- stir in Italian seasoning and pepperoni
- I did not stir the first time I cooked this and it was still amazing! Second time I made this I did stir and it was still amazing! Hehe
Low for six to eight hours