Thursday, January 5, 2012

Chicken Taco Soup

I have made this dish a few times now and it is a good one.  The sodium content is really high due to the salsa but it has a nice kick.  Also high in sodium is the taco seasoning packet.  I am sure you could use your own spices to make this good without the sodium...however I am just learning how to substitute things while cooking.  And yes I consider crockpot cooking to be real cooking!  It is better than simply grabbing a frozen meal and makes me feel accomplished for having planned!

Ingredients:
  • 16oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 can baked beans
  • 1 can kidney beans
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 can kernel corn ~ no salt added
  • 42 oz salsa ~ I get the picante sauce one jar mild and one medium heat.
  • 1 package taco seasoning
I rinse the corn and black beans.

Place chicken in crockpot.

Mix everything else together.

Pour over chicken.

Cook on LOW heat for 6-8 hours.

Shred chicken and cook for an additional 30 minutes.

The great finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment