Friday, October 14, 2011

Counseling and Such

This blog will make very little sense to the outside reader; however I am writing it for me and using this more as a journal.  Yeah the whole world can see it but that's okay.

Counseling is a powerful thing.  My school offers it free to students and decided to take advantage of the offer.

It is amazing how someone with nothing invested in your life can look in from the outside and give an observation that is really very clear.  Why don't we see that for ourselves?

Well I was challenged by my counselor Wednesday afternoon.  She gets to hear lots about my life and background.  I'm going mostly for career counseling, to help me figure out the direction I should head in.  After taking over half the session to talk about one topic she stopped me and said, "You just talked about that for twenty-five minutes and got animated and excited.  Why don't you do something with that?"  Wow.  I didn't realize how passionate I can be about this.  I don't want to go into the details at the moment, maybe another time.  I was then given the challenge.

I was scared to death.  BUT I did it!  I actually did it!  Granted I could hear my heart beat in my ears and was shaking but I accomplished my challenge.

On a completely unrelated note, I have been staying up really late this week.  I don't know what has come over me.  I can't seem to get myself to bed before one.  Even when I need to be up early I still go to bed late and then stay up the next night.  Craziness.

So far I've logged in to My Fitness Pal 55 days in a row.  I'm pleased with myself.  I am down 26 with my first goal being minus 35.  Why 35 you ask...that is how much little man weighs and I want to be able to say "I am minus my son!"  :-D

This week and last has not been the greatest diet wise.  I bought chocolate, which I shouldn't have even done but we all make mistakes.  I've been over almost everyday and am learning not to beat myself up so much but learn from it and try to make better choices next time.

School has been going well.  This week is mid-term week and I had a few tests but nothing bad.  This semester is proving to be quite easy.  I spoke to my counselor about this and she said maybe there is a reason for that.  At first I felt really bad and guilty that I wasn't really having to study or work hard but it is freeing up time in other areas for things like my challenge.

There is a season for everything.


Ecclesiastes 3:1-8


 1 There is a time for everything, 
   and a season for every activity under heaven:
 2 a time to be born and a time to die, 
   a time to plant and a time to uproot, 
 3 a time to kill and a time to heal, 
   a time to tear down and a time to build, 
 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh, 
   a time to mourn and a time to dance, 
 5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, 
   a time to embrace and a time to refrain, 
 6 a time to search and a time to give up, 
   a time to keep and a time to throw away, 
 7 a time to tear and a time to mend, 
   a time to be silent and a time to speak,
 8 a time to love and a time to hate, 
   a time for war and a time for peace.

love 
anc

No comments:

Post a Comment