Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pressure

It is hard to live in America and be a follower of Christ.  While mowing the other day I had the thought that it would be better to be where I faced persecution not just pressure from the world.

But then I know God placed me where I am for a reason.  If I cannot keep my faith during pressure how could I ever serve Him in persecution?

I'm sure I have the wrong attitude about it.  I need Him to break down my walls and work on me.  The only way this can happen is if I let Him . . . I know He has left me plenty of messages already.  It is called the Bible.

There is so much here in our lovely U.S. of A. to get in the way of our relationship with Christ.  It is very easy to make something an idol.  Anything we look towards more than our God and Savior is an idol.

I have made things idols.  It is hard to admit but even the internet is an idol for me.  I let it control most of my time.  I could be spending all the time I just sit looking at random things of no importance in the word of God.

It is something I've been wanting to do.  I try to fast from my computer a few days a week.  I haven't been succeeding much lately :-(

Having so much stuff is hard on me as of late.  I cringe when I think about all the excess I have.  God has blessed me with living in America for a reason and I believe part of it is so that I will grow more in Him and depend on His righteousness.  And not depend on the so called American Dream.

love
anc

1 comment:

  1. hey i totes aggree. it's kinda like my blog on my website creatinganexus.webs.com called Masks. read it! Love VLC

    ReplyDelete